The Tower of Victory was constructed between 1886 and 1887 on the property of the nation’s first publicly owned historic site: George Washington’s Headquarters from 1782 to 1783. Easton Architects restored the tower to its historic appearance by building back the removed portions of masonry and re-creating the historic clay tile roof with a durable new steel structure. Design development was informed by extensive research of historic photographs and prior documentation to faithfully represent the original design. We oversaw the Bidding Process and provided Construction Administration services, including review and approval of all material submittals to ensure appropriate matches to existing historic fabric.
In recognition of this long-desired rehabilitation, the New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation awarded Easton Architects the 2018 New York State Historic Preservation Award.