The Plant / Yonkers, New York

ADAPTIVE REUSE OF 1907 HUDSON RIVER POWER PLANT

The PowerHouse stands on 6000 piles over the Hudson River with unparalleled views of the New York City skyline and the Palisades. Built in 1907, it will be converted into monumental and intimate spaces for exhibitions, events, conferences and performances, transforming an abandoned icon of the industrial era into an inspiring cultural and social destination. The PowerHouse will transform the Yonkers waterfront into an inspiring destination at the crossroads of history, nature and culture. A fusion of 21st-century design approach and restoration methods will preserve the property’s architecture, interiors, landscape and historical legacy.

SERVICES PROVIDED

•Historic Research
•Full Architectural Services
•Administration
•New Design in Historic Context
•Rehabilitation
image

exterior

image

exterior

image

cross section

image

interior

image

smokestack-building

image

turbine-hall