MASTER PLANNING, RESTORATION AND NEW DESIGN FOR THIS CONVERTED SOAP MANUFACTURING WAREHOUSE
74-76 Laight Street, a ten-story warehouse building designed in the Renaissance/Romanesque Revival Style was built in 1899. The building ceased functioning as a light manufacturing facility in the 1970s at the same time the neighborhood was rezoned for residential and commercial use and the building became a co-op apartment building. Easton Architects prepared and Existing Conditions Assessment and Master Plan for the restoration of the exterior building fabric including the significant character defining feature-the glass light loading dock. The exterior restoration was undertaken over three-phases ending with the construction of a new roof terrace.