CONSERVATION, MASTER PLANNING AND RESTORATION OF THE FORMER NYU HISTORIC CAMPUS CORE
The Bronx Community College (BCC) campus, formerly the uptown New York University Campus was designed in 1892-96 by McKim, Mead and White. With the assistance of Ms. Easton, BCC was awarded the largest Campus Heritage Grant from the Getty Foundation to prepare a Conservation Master Plan (CMP) to investigate the historic fabric of the buildings and landscape. Easton Architects has begun phased implantation work, guided by the CMP and has successfully received a grant from the New York State Environmental Protection Fund for the Restoration of the Oculus and dome. Ms Easton nominated the property for National Historic Landmark designation which was bestowed in 2012.