PRESERVATION, RESTORATION AND NEW DESIGN FOR THE FOUR HISTORIC STRUCTURES
600 Park Avenue, built in 1911 and designed in a modern Renaissance style, was home to the Jonathan Buckley family. Today, the building owned by the Permanent Mission to Sweden, is used for formal functions with living quarters on the upper floors for the Swedish Ambassador to the UN. Together with the neighboring buildings at 604 and 608 Park Avenue and 61-63 East 64th Street, the four-building complex houses the residences for the Swedish representatives to the United Nations. Easton Architects has been involved in a multi-phased restoration campaign to restore the buildings’ exteriors and upgrade the windows with an historically appropriate design solution.